When it comes to pain management, interventional pain specialists are a great option for those seeking relief. They specialize in non-surgical treatments that focus on addressing the root cause of the patient’s discomfort rather than simply masking their symptoms with medication. When it comes to the choice of interventional pain management Olney, MD, you need to see a specialist with the most advanced training, experience, and expertise.
The approach entails imaging guidance to perform procedures such as:
- Joint injections – Patients experiencing joint pain due to inflammation may benefit from a corticosteroid injection. This injection is an effective, long-term treatment option that can reduce inflammation and improve mobility.
- Trigger point injections – Trigger point injections alleviate tension in areas such as the neck or lower back that cause pain.
- Nerve blocks – A nerve block is an injection of a local anesthetic to relieve the pain associated with a specific nerve or group of nerves.
- Radiofrequency ablation – This procedure involves radio waves to reduce chronic pain by disrupting nerve signals that transmit pain.
Here are some of the benefits of seeing an interventional pain specialist:
Interventional pain specialists, as opposed to conventional doctors, take the time to assess your condition carefully, pinpoint the source of your pain, and create a personalized treatment plan that caters to your requirements.
Minimally invasive procedures
These specialists use the latest technology and techniques to deliver relief with minimal invasiveness, discomfort, and recovery time. With the most advanced treatments available, you can get back to living life to its fullest sooner than ever. Some techniques may include ultrasound-guided injections, radiofrequency ablation, and nerve blocks.
Interventional pain management is designed to provide long-term relief from your discomfort. With these treatments, you can achieve lasting results without surgery or medications.
Improved quality of life
Interventional pain management can help improve your quality of life by relieving chronic pain and improving mobility. This means you can get back to doing the activities you enjoy without fearing discomfort or injury.
When it comes to pain management, it is important to find the right specialist. There are different causes of pain, including injuries, illnesses, and aging. Make sure to discuss your condition with an experienced interventional pain specialist who can help you find the most effective solution for long-term relief.
These are some of the options for managing chronic pain:
- Physical therapy: This type of pain management focuses on strengthening muscles, reducing inflammation, and improving flexibility.
- Chiropractic care: Chiropractors use manual manipulation to treat chronic pain and restore joint movement.
- Acupuncture: This ancient Chinese practice involves inserting needles into specific points on the body to release tension and reduce pain.
- Massage therapy: Regular massage sessions can alleviate tension and improve circulation to reduce discomfort. The specialist can also provide tips and advice on managing pain in daily life.
Take the time to explore your options and find the right interventional pain specialist to help you get back to living a full and active life. When looking for a long-term solution for your pain, book an appointment with your interventional pain specialist at CHOICE Pain & Rehabilitation Center.