Sexual health is considered a big part of life that can significantly affect your physical, mental, emotional, and social health as well. It requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships. Well-qualified sexual health houston healthcare professionals provide several surgical and non-surgical treatments. These focus on improving libido, urinary incontinence, vaginal infections, and other sexual health-related symptoms. Read on to know more about sexual health and the various treatments involved to improve it.
What Does Sexual Health Mean?
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), sexual health is an act of physical, mental, and social well-being in relation to sexuality. This includes the absence of any sexually transmitted diseases, dysfunction, or disability. It delves into the possibility of having a pleasurable and safe sexual experience. Being in good sexual health means you are well-informed, careful, and respectful to yourself and others’ sexual needs.
However, you may encounter sexual changes at some point of time in your life due to the following conditions:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Mental health issues
- Stress, anxiety, and depression
Sexual health is a vital part of your overall personal wellness that improves your quality of life. Sexual dysfunction can cause symptoms such as:
- Decreased libido
- Sexual insensitivity
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal dryness and itching
- Vaginal laxity (an abnormal loosening of the vaginal opening following vaginal birth)
- Abnormal changes in the shape of your vulva
What Are The Most Effective Treatments to Improve Sexual Health?
Your doctor will review your medical history, and order a few hormone tests to identify the underlying cause. Once determined, treatment will aim at improving the symptoms and restoring your sexual function with surgical and non-surgical options. These include:
- O-shot or G-shot amplification
- O-shot treatment is a non-surgical procedure that can enhance sexual pleasure and address symptoms like urinary continence. These involve injections of revitalizing PRP (platelet-rich plasma).
- G-spot amplification is a surgical procedure that intends to enlarge G-spot pleasure.
- This is a non-surgical treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to heat the tissues of your vagina and vulva.
- This boosts collagen production to tighten the tissues, reduce vaginal dryness, and improve urinary incontinence.
- This procedure reshapes the size and shape of your labia majora, labia minora, or both.
- Involves repairing the small section of skin between your vaginal opening and your anus.
- Prescription medications
- These medications help improve your libido.
It is important you do not shy away from matters relating to your sexual well-being. Discussing your symptoms and sexual concerns with a healthcare professional is crucial to diagnose and treat the underlying cause. It is essential to be well-informed about all the aspects of having a healthy sex life.