It could come as a surprise to learn that, according to the American Dental Association, the typical adult has approximately three teeth that are either degraded or absent. Although the complexity of the procedure might entail multiple dental visits, numerous individuals consider the benefits highly valuable, justifying the required dedication.
Advanced Dentistry in Sugar Land can offer you a dental bridge Sugar Land to restore your teeth to their original appearance, form, and function if it is damaged by trauma or decay.
Table of Contents
What Is a Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges are a desirable choice to fill gaps caused by missing teeth. These practical prosthetics cover the gaps left by one or more of your teeth. In contrast to dentures, they are attached to your neighboring teeth and cannot be taken out of your mouth.
Ceramic and porcelain bridges frequently mimic your natural teeth. Dental bridge materials differ according to location, purpose, aesthetic, and price.
What is the whole procedure?
Installing a dental bridge requires more than one dental visit because the process is multi-step. The procedures commonly followed to implant a conventional bridge are as follows:
- A local anesthetic numbs your gums as the dentist places the bridge.
- The dentist shapes the supporting teeth to allow a crown to be placed on top of them.
- The dentist makes your teeth an impression.
- To safeguard your mouth, the dentist makes a temporary bridge or crown. On the other hand, a bridge is constructed to order in a laboratory.
- After removing your temporary bridge or crown, the dentist fits your new, permanent bridge.
- Before permanently placing the bridge, the dentist could temporarily cement it to ensure a precise fit.
Consult your dentist to determine whether you should get a dental bridge and how it should fit.
How do dental bridges work?
How a dental bridge should fit is a common question. By attaching a prosthetic tooth to neighboring teeth or implants, bridges close the space left by a missing tooth or several missing teeth. The fake tooth creates A ” bridge ” between your good teeth. In exchange, the neighboring teeth give the bridge stability and support.
We at Advanced Dentistry in Sugar Land advise treating missing teeth promptly because, if left untreated, they may result in issues. Your teeth can shift or spin due to a gap in one of them. Fixing can stop gum disease, bad bite alignment, and even temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems.